Old 27-04-2014, 09:21 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Bob H Bob H is offline

Default Relaying slabs in garden.

On 26/04/2014 21:21, James Jones wrote:

I have some "stepping stones" set in to my lawn: 9x18 cms and also a
couple of paving slabs : 60x75 cms which have sunk.
Is it better to relay them on "blobs" of cement rather than just
trying to get a sand base nice and level. I am think if large blobs
of cement are used it will be easier to get them level by tapping them
down with a rubber mallet. (The paving slabs take no vehicles)

Blobbing paving slabs is a no no way to lay them.

Use sharp sand and cement at a ratio of about 8:1 and spread the mix all
across where the slab will sit. Level it as required, and if too low in
one corner , just put more sand under it.