Old 28-04-2014, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT R 4 this morning

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

And guilty people have gone free. But while I do realise it's not 100%
infallible DNA profiling has altered enormously the chances of a
serious miscarriage of justice.

That is claimed, but it is not true. When as staid an organisation
as the Royal Statistical Society attempts to join a case as Amicus
Curiae (and is rebuffed), you know that something is wrong. There
are more recent cases, too, involving other ways in which it can
lead to innocent people being convicted. It has changed the chances
more by convicting people who would previously have been acquitted
than in changing the relative risks of false conviction or acquittal.

I could explain those issues in more detail, but it's very off-group,
and I have no desire to encourage our troll camp followers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.