Old 26-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Gordon Couger

Default Pesticides and farm kids

"Oz" wrote in message
Brian H. writes

4yrs ago (November) I had a chest infection, no problem,
the following March I collapsed, rushed into hospital with
pneumonia. Doctors pumped in the antibiotics as they do.
Result, Brians gradually leaving this world, massive reaction to

medication,
temperature of the scale, packed in ice for 48hrs.Awoke to see family
including 87yr old
Mum, around bed,with expressions on faces I never want to see again.

Hmmm.

Wouldn't it be more rational to blame either the infection or the drugs
used, rather than a long since past exposure to OP's, which aren't known
for producing these symptoms?

Going over all the spray plane pilots I know and their health is as follows.

ES 4 bombers in WW totaled, 7 spray planes totaled, one broken leg. Died of
brain cancer at 65 an old age for his siblings. Possibly pesticide related.

JW. Lost 2 bombers WWII totaled 5 spray planes no injuries died at 60 heart
attack.

JS No war experience. Totaled one spray plane in a stall in a turn at the
end or a row (same as a departure stall) broke most major bones in his body
at age 30, at age 70 still spraying.

SB No war experiences One accident at age 50 looped his Areoca Camp stunt
plane too close to the ground and caught a power pole on the propeller hub.
Cause of death stupidity. About a year before got up confessed an affair in
church and implicated two friends and three women with out letting any of
them know first. Stupidly nearly caused his death that time.

?? No war experience Killed in first year of spraying.

GD No war experience, no major accidents still flying at 62.
LD No war, no major accidents still flying and 58.

These guy worked with methyl and ethyl parathion most of their lives and in
the case of JS at 70 looks better than a lot of men 20 years younger if you
discount the wrinkles from the sun and some gray in his hair. I ran into him
about 6 months ago.

I do know several people that are injured by pesticides. Either form
careless handing or driving into the cloud of spray when putting on with a
ground rig.

I never applied insecticide with a ground rig. That's what they made
airplanes for. In my part of the world they could do it safely. That won't
work in a lot of the world.
--
Gordon

Gordon Couger