View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Old 29-04-2014, 10:45 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellyjay View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site and need a little help...
I have a jasmine that I inherited when I moved in, it previously was a huge clump that trailed down a wall which was in shade so I have dragged the heavy clump in the opposite direction to where it will get more sun.
Does that make sense?
Anyway, it has now exposed all the lower stems which are completely bare, I wouldn't mind but it's about 2 foot long and looks awful, the top 2 foot is fine and bursting with flowers.
My question is, now I have exposed the lower part to more light will this part naturally now grow new leaves?
Should I give it a good feed to encourage more growth?
I have tried searching Google and have had no luck with this type of question so I am hoping someone may be able to guide me on this.
Thank you all for any help you can give
What species of jasmine? Does it flower in winter or summer? White/pink or yellow flowers?

If it's the yellow winter flowering one (which is the only one I grow) I would expect it in due course to produce new green branches on top, and the green branches that are now buried under all the old stuff will die off.

Mine is on the north wall of the house, where it flowers from October through to April, and I'm delighted to have something that will tolerate shade so well.