Old 29-04-2014, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default OT R 4 this morning

"Martin" wrote in message

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 15:25:24 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:00:25 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Fuschia" wrote in message
. ..

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 16:08:04 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

No, I don't think it's right but I do think that human nature being
what it is, a punishment really must fit the crime. Whether that
punishment is losing one's own life if found to be a murderer, or a
life sentence really meaning that, there seems little doubt that
stronger deterrents are needed than exist now.

Then can you explain why longer than a lifetime sentences/ death
penalty have not acted as a deterrent in the USA, and why that highly
punitive country continues to have such a high rate of homicide compared
with ours.

Longer sentences may or may not act as a deterrent, but they do keep
the criminal out of harm's way and save other innocent people from
becoming victims

So does hanging. They never reoffend.

Innocent people have been hanged, just as innocent people have been
released
after serving long prison sentences.

And innocent people are being murdered by people who know that effectively
they'll get away with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27193638

Do you mind posting with something that doesn't falsely attribute what I
posted
to you.

Err, I wasn't aware that it had. Is that to do with all that "Fuschia
wrote/Martin wrote/Shazzbat wrote" stuff? I have no idea how to influence
that.

Certainly I wouldn't want to plagiarise you.

Steve