Old 30-04-2014, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Help in identifying two trees please

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Peter Percival" wrote ...

Peter Percival wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote

Help in identifying two trees please (or two trease plees).
Here http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ there are four
pictures of two tree I have called "near house" and "far from house".
There are, in each case, a picture of the bark and a picture of the
foliage. The foliage visible in the bark pictures is *not* that of
the tree.

Any help will be most welcome.

A close-up of the leaves would help as would letting us know roughly
where in the UK/world you are.

Ok. Will do. Thank you.

It please me to be able to report that at
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ are two new pictures, one
labelled 'Tree near house closeup of foliage' and one labelled 'Tree far
house closeup of foliage'. It seems I can't spell 'close up'. Very soon
the tree near the house will have white flowers, followed by dark berries.

I am in the South East of England, and so are the trees.

Whilst not that good on trees, because no-one else has felt able to comment
on your question due to your signature, I think the one farthest from the
house is a common Sycamore and the one nearest the house is an Ash.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

""no-one else has felt able to comment
on your question due to your signature,""

Sad isn't it? Not allowed to have a view on this forum/newsgroup, unless it
complies to the rules and regulations of those who feel they own the forum.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk