Old 30-04-2014, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Exotic vegetables

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

I planted 3 yacon last year, and the slugs had a field day despite slug
pellets, but when I checked in Jan there was one plant surviving, I
lifted it and brought it into the greenhouse.
It started to sprout in early March so at the start of April I knocked
it out of the pot and it came apart giving me 9 youngsters which have
been potted into 1 ltr square pots.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...pscbdb3fef.jpg
I will plant out in early June and hope to keep the slugs away this year.

I should have started it off in a pot!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.