Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Alan Titchmarsh & road verges

On 30/04/2014 18:18, sacha wrote:
I have always had a lot of time for Alan Titchmarsh. Here, he is saying
exactly what I've said for years. He has a bit more clout! ;-) Our own
council is very good about this and hedgerows and verges are things of
real beauty round the South Hams. Please press your council into
following this campaign and keeping wildflowers in the verges for the
benefit of insects and humans:
http://www.plantlife.org.uk/roadvergecampaign

Than sounds fine, however I find that when they grow tall verges can
obstruct the view of the road. This is especial true of the central
reservation of dual carriageways. I am not usually on the side of elf
and safety, but in this case I am.