Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Help in identifying two trees please

"Nick Maclaren" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote ...

It please me to be able to report that at
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ are two new pictures,
one
labelled 'Tree near house closeup of foliage' and one labelled 'Tree far
house closeup of foliage'. It seems I can't spell 'close up'. Very soon
the tree near the house will have white flowers, followed by dark
berries.

I am in the South East of England, and so are the trees.

Whilst not that good on trees, because no-one else has felt able to
comment
on your question due to your signature, I think the one farthest from the
house is a common Sycamore and the one nearest the house is an Ash.

Probably maple, actually, and definitely elder.

Still say Sycamore which is a maple anyway and I agree it's a Elder when I
look closely as there are the young flowers showing. Neither of much garden
value IMO.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.