Old 04-05-2014, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default ID this plant?

On Friday, April 25, 2014 12:20:55 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
Hope this goes through - am having hard time uploading pix:

or maybe

http://tinypic.com/r/29mwpzs/8

???

This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

HB

VICTORY! The wonderful plant sales mgr. at the Huntington sent me this link:

http://www.smmtc.org/plantofthemonth..._Coreopsis.htm

So: Coreopsis gigantica.

I remember it had yellow flowers before I moved it from the ground to the large porch planter (which I built in woodshop eons ago -- my greatest achievement!!)
No blooms so far, in its supposed flowering period, but maybe still recovering?

Judging from link, it will have to go back into the ground somewhere, as it seems too much, long-run for a planter. Somewhere less conspicuous, probably, as link says it goes brown between seasons.

HB