Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default where are the honey bees?

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I seem to recall something about beekeepers renting out their bees to
farmers. Like renting a bull out to stud, the beekeepers bring their
hives to the farmer's fields to pollinate his crops. ^_^

It's more extensive than you think. Some bees have a lot of miles on them,
spending the summer in Iowa and the winter in California. I've seen flatbeds
loaded with hives with a big net over the whole mess headed down the road. I
don't even want to think about loading/unloading. Fortunately, I've only
ever hauled bee wood, the new frames amd so forth.