Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default where are the honey bees?

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 5/5/2014 8:40 AM, rbowman wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I seem to recall something about beekeepers renting out their bees
to farmers. Like renting a bull out to stud, the beekeepers bring
their hives to the farmer's fields to pollinate his crops. ^_^

It's more extensive than you think. Some bees have a lot of miles on
them, spending the summer in Iowa and the winter in California. I've
seen flatbeds loaded with hives with a big net over the whole mess
headed down the road. I don't even want to think about
new frames amd so forth.

Most folks have no idea how complicated farming is. Many of them think a
farmer is a fellow in overalls watching plants grow while chewing on a
grass stem and chugging on a jug of moonshine. ^_^

TDD

Hi,
Probably farmers/fisher men are hardest working bunch to feed us.
I respect them whole heartedly.