Old 06-05-2014, 07:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default where are the honey bees?

On 5/6/2014 12:29 AM, Bob F wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 5/5/2014 10:14 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 5/5/2014 8:40 AM, rbowman wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I seem to recall something about beekeepers renting out their
bees to farmers. Like renting a bull out to stud, the
beekeepers bring their hives to the farmer's fields to
pollinate his crops. ^_^

It's more extensive than you think. Some bees have a lot of miles
on them, spending the summer in Iowa and the winter in
California. I've seen flatbeds loaded with hives with a big net
over the whole mess headed down the road. I don't even want to
think about loading/unloading. Fortunately, I've only ever hauled
bee wood, the new frames amd so forth.

Most folks have no idea how complicated farming is. Many of them
think a farmer is a fellow in overalls watching plants grow while
chewing on a grass stem and chugging on a jug of moonshine. ^_^

TDD

Hi, Probably farmers/fisher men are hardest working bunch to feed
us. I respect them whole heartedly.

There are a lot of people who work very hard. I've been disabled for
20 years and couldn't hold a job flipping burgers but before I became
too ill to work, wound up on Social Security Disability then dropped
dead of a heart attack, I worked my ass off. I worked on those days
when I wasn't so sick and in pain to get out of bed. I do my best to
help my roommate with his business so I don't turn into a mushroom
but I'm so frustrated to lack the strength to run up and down ladders
as I could when I was in my 50's. Most of the guys I know who own
their own service businesses are disabled in one way or another. They
work when they can and like I did, find someone in better health to
help with the business. There is a whole invisible workforce out
there composed of the working disabled who receive no government
help. I didn't want to receive any help from government programs but
I became too ill to work. It's so frustrating to be unable to be
completely self reliant as I once was and it's very difficult for me
to depend on anyone else. I spent most of last May in the hospital
after dropping dead of a heart attack and was sent home to die while
receiving home hospice care. After 6 months, my nurse told me I was
being dropped from hospice care because I wasn't dying fast enough.
It's because I never gave up and I'm too ornery to give up and die.

And you were lucky there were programs like SSDI in place to help make it all
possible.

Yea, I paid into it longer than most Leftists have been alive. But it
wasn't the SSDI program that made it possible for me to drop dead. It
was the consequences of another government program. ^_^

TDD