Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default where are the honey bees?

On Mon, 5 May 2014 12:13:29 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

There are a lot of local beekeeping orgs around , but nothing says you
have to join ... you can probably find all the info you need in an afternoon
, print it out for later reference . Gloves , screened hat , smoker , and a
couple of small hand tools can all be had for well under a hundred bucks .
We decided to get into beekeeping as much for the honey as for the
pollination aspect . We have pollinators here , but they don't have the
added bonus of hunney ...

Oh, yeah. I forgot. I like ice cream, cake, icing, cookies, candy, but
I don't really like honey. Too sweet and esp. too sticky.

But I'm sure you'll enjoy your project, so that's good.

If nothing goes wrong, I'll post how many cherries I get this year, and
if it's low, I'll try to stay home when it flowers next year (18 days
after the peak of the cherries at the DC Cherry Blossom Festival, and
about 40 miles north of it) and do them all myself. It's a little
tree, half within reach and the other half 2 or 3 feet higher.

My wife is a big fan of the W the P character Eeyore , and so our place
has been named "The 12 Acre Wood" and the house is "Eeyore's Hideaway" ...
and so we'll be getting "hunney".