Old 06-05-2014, 05:06 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
[email protected] iriscohen116@gmail.com is offline

Default Begonia dregei

I recently bought a B. dregei hybrid. It appears to be a caudiciform succulent. It amounts to a little 5 tree forest growing on top of a potato. In wiring the stems, I snapped one right off. This plant has no wood & no bark. I fastened the stem back immediately with bonsai cut-paste (similar to plasticine). I am not familiar with non-woody plants. Will it graft itself together? Will the broken stem die eventually? Will it act as an air-layer?
Iris