Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Oz

Default Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Gordon Couger writes

"When I stayed in England I was amazed at the high cost of food. Meat was
two to three times the price I was used to paying in the Safeway. When
these English people stayed with me in Washington D.C. they couldn't
believe the amount of meat in the local super-market and how cheap it was.
I was afraid they were going to OD on steak before they went home."

As I recall when we worked out the price to feed a beef your selling price
wasn't a great deal different than mine. Where did de money go?

We have these extremely efficient corporations that sell food in the UK.
They seem to require about a 100% markup on meat to make what they claim
is a paltry living. They are called 'supermarkets'.

To give the lowest cost to their consumers they ensure that all those
below them in the supply chain trade at cost.

Apparently it's something to do with a 'margin' where you buy at cost
and sell as high as the market will bear. This is (according to their
many adverts) done entirely altruistically on behalf of their well
respected and much loved 'consumers'.

Since nobody ever shops outside their local supermarket they have no
idea of the real price of anything. Apparently this is called a
'captive' market which of course allows lower prices for the
'consumers'. Doesn't it?

Must do, it's what they keep telling us ....

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.