Old 07-05-2014, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default seed catalogs

George Shirley wrote:
I probably should introduce myself too, some of the folks on here know
me from rec.food.preserving. George Shirley, age 74, soon to be 75, been
gardening and preserving food since I could walk, married 54 years come
December, two kids, five grandkids, six great grands, all within driving
range of us now that we're home again in Texas. Retired oilfield trash
and, yes, we even gardened in Saudi while we were there and again in
Yemen. Been on UseNet since 1990, got my first computer in 1982, an
Osborne One, anyone remember those? I do ninety percent of the cooking
in this house and one hundred percent of the cleaning up after myself.
Never could carry a tune but love music of all kinds, was/still am a
fifties rocker. Former USN and don't miss being at sea.

welcome George, there's a bit more conversation
here. and quite a few smart folks who know names
of plants and things.

i'm old enough to remember most of the early small
computer setups. never actually got into them, but
the IBM PC i eventually bought was working fine when
i gave it away some 14 years later.

songbird