Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jim Webster

Default Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Gordon Couger wrote in message
Jim,

From a discussion on AgBioview:

"When I stayed in England I was amazed at the high cost of food. Meat

was
two to three times the price I was used to paying in the Safeway. When
these English people stayed with me in Washington D.C. they couldn't
believe the amount of meat in the local super-market and how cheap it

was.
I was afraid they were going to OD on steak before they went home."

As I recall when we worked out the price to feed a beef your selling

price
wasn't a great deal different than mine. Where did de money go?

Gordon

supermarkets buy cheap and sell dear. They drive down the costs and jack
up the margins. That is what impressed me about US cutting plants etc,
they can pay more for the meat at the farm gate yet still get it to the
consumer at a lower price.

Must admit our lads who went to South Dakota were not impressed with the
quality of the beef, but would be used to grass fed. One commented that
if he did move, he would stick his own bullock in the freezer after
rearing it his way. I expect American dinner guests at his house would
find it rather strong tasting and probably not tender/juicy enough for
them. Such is personal taste.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'