Old 07-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Mervington Mervington is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzbat View Post
"Mervington" wrote in message ...

'Dave Liquorice[_2_ Wrote:
;1001654']On Sun, 04 May 2014 08:02:22 +0100, Derek wrote:
-
Pleasantly surprised that many now have the option of a keystart.-

Really "keystart"?

I read to mean a battery and starter motor and multiple attempts to
start until the battery goes flat (and can then be recharged or mower
jump started). Battery may or may not be charged when mower is
running.

Or one of the systems that has BFO spring that is wound up when the
engine actually runs but has a limited (single?) attempt to start the
engine.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Thanks for the comments. The nearest part of our bottom garden will be
60 metres from an electricity point. The furthest will be almost
double that. I certainly cannot run a supply for an electric power
mower or to charge batteries on one.

Why not? I did a similar thing some years ago when I couldn't park close to
the house and needed to use power tools. Nowadays of course, as well as the
required length of cable plus a plug and socket, a powerbreaker would be
regarded as essential.

Steve
Depending on the size of an electric mower, we could be mariginal on voltage drop problems. The distances I have given were as the crow flies. In practice, they would be rather further. The topography does not readily lend itself to running cables either. I already have a generator in the garage that I use when we have power cuts - three in the last 12 months. I thought about putting another one down the bottom, but good ones are not cheap.

We use an electric mower for the top garden.