Old 07-05-2014, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rhododendron and toxicity to honey via bees???

On Tue, 06 May 2014 20:01:38 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 06/05/14 19:42, Roger Tonkin wrote:

A bit off topic, but something that has always intrigued me.

How do you know where you bees get the honey? I know you can buy
various types of honey (ie from specific plants) but is there any
guarantee that it is really what it says on the jar?

Eucalyptus honey is fairly unmistakable. I hate it BTW.

I can usually tell one or two of the other New Forest honies too.

Sweet chestnut, linden (Tilia) and lavender honey all have very
distinctive flavours.

Rape honey is sold cheaper than the others here, I seem to recall it
crystallises faster (or something like that) than the other kinds.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy