Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Aido

Default Crop growth formation query over Utah / Colorado..

I've just flown from Las Vegas to Philadelphia this morning and I'm hoping
someone in here could offer some advice..

About 60 minutes into the flight, I'd guess we'd have been over Utah or
Colorado, the passenger next to me remarked on the crops she could see -
basically they all appeared in circular formations, I can't really explain it
but check out http://www.mybad.co.uk as I've put a very simple GIF file there to
demonstrate what we were seeing, it's only a few kb but I didn't want to attach
a binary in here..

Basically the crops are being grown in perfectly circular formations within a
square field (we call them fields here in the UK - not sure if they're referred
to the same in the USA - basically the growth area that's fenced / hedged off
from the next area) - these patterns are repeated quite a few times...

She explained that she's travelled over here about ten times over the past five
years but no-one has ever known how they grow so perfectly round since they're
so large (we were quite a distance up and they appeared to be almost the size of
quarters)..

What are they likely to be growing and why / how do they grow the crops this
way??

Thanks in advance for any advice as this has been puzzling her for the past five
years and I said I'd have a go at finding out!!

Regards,

Aido