Old 07-05-2014, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Bugs ...

George Shirley wrote:

Depends on where you live Terry as to what sort of bugs you've got. I
think maybe the small, cylindrical one with the orange spots may be a
lady bug, they predate on all the smaller bad bugs so leave that one
alone. Potato beetles of any kind can ruin your day, I pick them
off by hand and drop them in an old jar with a half inch of kerosene
or motor oil in it, motor oil generally as kerosene is hard to get
around here.
George

Turns out the one that's been eating my eggplants is Colorado potato
beetles . Found and smeared several egg clusters this morning on the
undersides of the leaves . Might be the same one eating my bok choy ,
similar damage patterns - but it might be flea beetles , I'll know when I
catch something munching . New crops this year , and new pests to learn how
to control . Ya-freakin'-hooo .
--
Snag