Old 07-05-2014, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia[_4_] Fuschia[_4_] is offline

Default Help

On Wed, 7 May 2014 17:30:20 +0200, Charlie2
wrote:

Will someone please settle an argument with 'er in doors'
From our local stable/garden centre for the disabled with learning
difficulties I purchased 12 8ft 1" bamboo canes 50p each last year for
the beans. Just finished re-setting the small fancy fencing along the
veg plot and out she comes, didn't see any note pad or pencil to write
down faults with what I've done, pheeew! the fence had approval.

Now to prevent a 'slap' from me I decided to come on here and ask.

She maintains the beans won't get to climb the canes because they're too
thick.
No the canes aren't you are, I'll provide the beans with a ladder.
I ducked just in time as the rock thundered past my head.

So the obvious, will the beans climb these canes or should I put thinner
canes in ?

The beans will certainly climb them, if you can keep the slugs off!