Old 28-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Ann

Default New UK Garden Site

"Anne Middleton/Harold Walker" expounded:

Betcha it is of very little use in the USA......an awful lot of UK advise is
based on their climatic conditions which do not apply in the
USA........besides many of them "over there" are stick in the muds and think
not in modern terms.

Anne, have you ever been to England? I went on a horticulatural tour
a few years ago.....those people _garden_. They have pensions for
gardeners. The Chelsea Flower Show is incredible. I don't know what
you mean about 'modern terms', but with regards to gardening, they
definitely know their stuff. And a good gardener learns all about
his/her plants from many sources. The Garden magazine, a publication
of the Royal Horticulatural Society, is an amazing source of
information.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA