Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jim Webster

Default Earth is affected by Venus, NASA is affected by GUTH Venus

Gordon Couger wrote in message
news
There is no question that that you dance with the one that brung you
on
taste. It's like me and fresh green beans. I like the ones out of the

can
better because that's what I am used to. My dad's just the opposite.

He
likes the home canned or fresh the best.

I don't like grass fats beef at all. Both my wife's dad and my dad an

I ran
feed lots and we like a really fat calf. Her dad would take them to

1,200 or
1,300 pounds shooting for high prime. We were aiming for high choice

at a
later market when people were getting more health conscious.

personal taste is very important in this

I expect that your rules and regulations transfer in to real costs in

the
slaughter house. Seems I remember you have wash them and shave their

bellies
and a good deal more.

try doing that to a bullock or young bull while he is alive. Not
actually shave (as a vet might do before operating) but clip right out
so they are spotless.

Possibly even removing the major nerves such as the
sciatic nerve from the hind quarter.

The spinal cord, head and various offals such as thymus etc have to be
discarded.

I am involved with helping people find microscopes around the world

and I
find the folks from the UK and EU are not nearly as free and easy

dealing as
I am used too.

I can believe that

I will see a very good friend that has been living just outside of

London
for the last 30 years day after tomorrow. I has been 15 years or so

since I
saw him it is always intersting to get his prospective. He is an

independent
reservoir geologist for the North Sea. He company wanted to move his

family
to Houston, Texas and send him to Siberia. He retired and went to work

for
himself. Siberia is not so bad but living in Houston, no way He

would have
to pay US taxes.

Jim, that leaves you a healthy room for profit in selling to your

neighbors
and still save them a nice sum. I can't do that here. I have to

produce a
lot better quality than they can get in the store and sell it for the

same
as store price and I can't make that work because I can get the feed
conversion that the big lots do because I don't have their feed

processing
machinery. I learned that lesson 35 years ago.

problem is very few people in the UK have all that much freezer room.
Remember that generaly their houses are smaller than in the US. It is
easy enough for me to undercut supermarkets but an awful lot of people
are living hand to mouth and find £100 bad to find.
We aren't as bad as some areas but some couples are paying interest on a
mortgage of over 5 times their joint annual incomes. (I have seen the
figure 7 times joint income mentioned!) God alone knows what will happen
when interest rates go up.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Gordon