Old 08-05-2014, 08:09 PM
krenat krenat is offline
Registered User

Thanks everyone for your answers! I still haven't been able to identify them, although I do have a better picture which I'll attach so maybe someone will know... They are not in clusters, I find only one or two of them per plant, I don't know what kind of moth/fly/butterfly lays their eggs like that.

I've been picking them off by hand, found about 30-35 of them so far (in a patch with about the same number of plants), so I hope I got the most of them because today I only saw one. Under no circumstance will I spray them with anything now as the strawberries are beginning to ripen and I don't want to risk us ingesting anything. They don't seem to eat the fruit, or at least not that I can see. Now I'll have to begin fighting off slugs as in a matter of days literally hundreds of them appeared, and I know they do love the berries so I just have to make sure to pick them as they ripen.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
What's eating my garden???-fghjk.jpg