Old 09-05-2014, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Ash trees

On 2014-05-09 07:23:03 +0000, Dave Liquorice said:

On Fri, 9 May 2014 07:04:49 +0100, Sacha wrote:

We were remarking yesterday afternoon, on a drive back from Torquay to
home, that all the ash trees we saw are very late this year. Has anyone
else noticed that?

The ash around here are always at least a couple of weeks behind
everything else, rowan, birch, beech, oak, sycamore, etc. From a
distance the ash buds here are still tightly closed but they ought to
bursting soon.

This year there seems to us to be a longer gap than normal between the
two leafing up. That said, it's now raining here in a half-hearted sort
of way! Everything else is coming out and the lanes look magical -
they're full of campion, bluebells, stitchwort, Queen Ann's lace and
ferns. The wet winter and mild start to the year has done them a lot of
favours!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com