Old 10-05-2014, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Spring! Baaa Humbug!

On 10/05/2014 13:21, David Hill wrote:
Well after some torrential rain in the night we now have wind gusting to
well over 50 mph and forecast to get stronger.
Got 3 chrysanthemum beds prepared early in the week though it was rather
like stirring cold rice pudding, but with ground cover fabric down I
don't need to get onto the soil, though I can see me planting from duck
boards, though they do say next week will be better.
David @ a very wet and windy side of Swansea Bay

I know how you feel! I've got masses of seedlings and mature plants to
deal with but, despite sallying forth into the soggy gales twice, I've
got precisely nowhere. I'm back indoors now, feeling damp and chilled,
and wishing I'd never bothered :~(.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London