Old 10-05-2014, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Loppers

"FrankB" wrote in message
o.uk...

Been looking to buy a pair of loppers. I know I want the bypass type, but
nearly all of these come with a ratchet mechanism.I'm not keen on one of
those as it's just something extra to go wrong over time

Also if I want to take the loppers apart for sharpening purposes will it be
difficult to re-assemble if there's a ratchet mechanim involved, or is it
straightforward assuming someone here had experience of doing this as I've
no expereience of loppers with a ratchet included?

FrankB I don't bother to take our loppers to pieces for sharpening, I have a
very small sharpening stone which was in fact 'a sample' given to me by the
rep visiting one of the companies I worked for. Small, hand held it measures
'about' 3 inch x 1 inch wide and half inch thick. Course on one side and
fine on the other. WD40 and this little feller works fine for me.

Give it thought.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk