Old 10-05-2014, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Winters_Lackey Winters_Lackey is offline

Default Containing wild blackberries

George Shirley wrote in news:53696c17$0$59771$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

On 4/21/2014 6:36 PM, songbird wrote:
they do have thornless blackberry canes...

songbird

The Doyle blackberry is touted to be prolific on just one bush and has
no thorns. Just do a search for the Doyle Blackberry.

This is going off on a tangent, but I finally finished my
blackberry/raspberry enclosure. It's a 9' x 10' by 6' high structure made
from PVC pipe, and I have been covering it in bird netting every year.
What a pain. This year, I did everything but the top with chicken wire,
and only used the netting for the top.

The birds might get most of my cherries, and the squirrels most of my
peaches and plums, but this year the berries belong to the humans.

George

--
--Bryan