Old 12-05-2014, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FrankB FrankB is offline

Default Loppers

"Rod" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:41:53 PM UTC+1, Frank Booth Snr wrote:
Been looking to buy a pair of loppers. I know I want the bypass type,

but

nearly all of these come with a ratchet mechanism.I'm not keen on one of

those as it's just something extra to go wrong over time

These are the business. http://www.garden4less.co.uk/tree-loppers.asp
It's the model 20 you want, they're a manageable size, lovely to use and

strong - if you need to cut bigger than these will do you're better using a
good pruning saw. The best of those come with Japanese style teeth and cut
on the pull stroke.

Nice choice there. The Wolf and Spear and Jackson lops look the most
interesting. But I think I might settle for these on Amazon as they are not
a well known brand but seem ti have a good write-up and they are a bit
cheaper and cut up to 38 mm branches.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...tle_2?ie=UTF8&
psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE