Old 13-05-2014, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help! what composter composts cooked food etc

In article ,
Derek Turner wrote:

That is an old wives' tale.

An old wive's tale that has found its way in to many books, then

Oh, yes, indeed!

My apologies to the OP in that case: I'd still consider a wormery,
though

I have never used one, but some people swear by them.

PS is it old wives' or old wive's? Does the v imply plural anyway? cf
children's

A damn good question. On second thought, I was wrong, but it is
probably wives with no apostrophe!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.