Old 15-05-2014, 11:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Please id this Camellia flower

On 15/05/2014 06:44, dpien wrote:
Hi, this Camellia looks like a C. japonica cultivar but it opened its
flowers in late Fall/Autumn. I thought this could be due to us living in
zone 10.
Can anyone perhaps identify it? I found it half-dead and unlabelled at a
small nursery a couple of years ago, so have no clue which species or
hybrid it may be...
Hoping that someone on here may by chance have one of these, or can i.d.
it!
Any questions - please send me an e-mail...THANKS!

|Filename: unknown fall blooming camellia.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16007|

If it is flowers late in the year, it will be a Camellia sasanqua or
hielmalis cultivar. Various ones are shown here, but none are yours,
unfortunately.
http://www.trehane.co.uk/camellia_sasanqua_s/1826.htm

--

Jeff