Old 15-05-2014, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help! what composter composts cooked food etc

In article ,
Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 2014 13:35:48 +0200, Martin wrote:

The huge advantage to many allotmenteers is that the wormery can sit
outside the back kitchen door (or in the utility room in cold weather)
whereas the compost heap might be a couple of miles away

You have the problem of moving the output to the allotment instead of
the input to the wormery.

Yes, but we are talking of a HUGE reduction in volume and smelliness A
2-litre bottle of liquid manure and a carrier-bag full of worm-droppings
(compost) every few weeks is no real problem.

Whereas it would be ridiculous for someone like me, who has my
heaps 70 yards away at the bottom of the garden. Using a wormery
because you 'can't compost cooked food' is ridiculous - using one
because it is a great convenience is entirely sensible. You pays
your money and you takes your choice ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.