Old 16-05-2014, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Do groundhogs eat pumpkin vines?

Bobo wrote:

I have to downsize the garden this year and thought about putting in
pumpkins to take up some space. I live next to a railroad track which
is a groundhog highway. There's always another one and being in the
city limited ways to get rid of them. They love melon vines so that's
out. Anybody know if they feel the same about pumpkins?

i'm sure they'll eat them if they can find them.
put a fence around them when they are young and
you'll be fine. by the time the vine gets bigger
the groundhogs will have other things to eat.

songbird