Old 16-05-2014, 11:30 AM
dpien dpien is offline
Registered User

Location: Pretoria, South Africa

Hi, thanks for the replies, much appraciated info.
I think it may indeed be a Camellia sasanqua, perhaps 'Cotton Candy' or 'Jean May'
Would be nice to hear if anyone on here has one of these Camellia's and perhaps has some pictures to compare...
Thanks again

I am in USDA zone 10a. My Camellia japonica and C. sasanqua both bloom
November through February, depending on the variety. Descanso Gardens
(formerly a camellia plantation for supplying cut flowers to florists
and about 40 mile from my house) is best seen December and January.

There are so many varieties that look almost alike that only an expert
can identify your plant. You might try the American Camellia Society at
American Camellia Society, which has a "photo encyclopedia".

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see