Old 16-05-2014, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default Beetroot pest?

On 15/05/2014 18:48, Nick Maclaren wrote:

It depends HOW they are being eaten. Pigeons are the other likely
culprit.

The bane of my life they are. They rip the buds of the cherry trees,
leaving shredded young branches hanging down. Pea, sprout and cabbage
plants get their leaves eaten as soon as I turn my back, if not put
under netting. They also eat most of anything put out for the birds,
even parking under the feeders to glean everything that drops out of them.

To add insult to injury, they then somehow get their bloated bodies off
the ground, seemingly just to recycle it all over my car. Only mine -
they leave my wife's alone. I really think they know I hate them.

--
regards andy