Old 16-05-2014, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Growing Leeks

A while back, someone asked for advice about growing leeks.

I've just got to the transplant stage, so I'll pass on what I
do, while I remember.

I dig a narrow trench about2-3" deep to lant in (saves a bit of
earthing up later on). Use a dibber to make good deepish holes,
in which I usually put a bit of growmore or aomething. Pop the
leks in and water so that the water fills the hole and takes a
bit of soil in with it. I usually use a small watering can and
hold the plants upright whilst watering. Check next day if the
brids have pulled any out, if so firm in a bit.

Hope that helps

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales