Old 18-05-2014, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Help! what composter composts cooked food etc

On 2014-05-18 09:20:11 +0000, Martin said:

On Sat, 17 May 2014 14:31:04 +0100, sacha wrote:
snip
Has she applied for the £5,000 that was promised by DC to all flood victims?

I don't know but I'd imagine so. One very greedy pair of people charged
a huge sum of money to transport and 'rescue' the horses just a few
hours before the Parrett broke its banks and flooded her property, so a
big chunk of that £5k will have been spent already. She'd been living
with water in the house but then the animals were endangered. She's
applied to have her house compulsorily purchased because of the neglect
of the waterways which contributed so largely to the problem. She
doubts she'll be able to sell it otherwise! She only moved in two years
ago and her surveyor assured her the house had never flooded.

According to the BBC Local News for Lincs & E Yorkshire, many whose houses were
damaged by floods in Humberside haven't applied for the £5,000. Aren't
surveyors
legally responsible for their surveys? AFAIK like architects they are insured
against claims.

Afaik, surveyors are responsible for their surveys, yes. But he
couldn't report a hazard from something which had never happened.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com