Old 19-05-2014, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Forsythia or ...... ?

"'Mike'" wrote

My wife, the gardener, has been given a plant claimed to be a Forsythia,
but it is different from the ones we have and we cannot find trace of it in
her books.

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-K8KHI...-of-Other.html

Picture one shows the plant. Picture two shows a leaf from an existing
known Forsythia alongside a Hawthorn leaf.

RHS Manual shows nothing like it nor does a search on the www.

Any experts out there who can tell us what it is?

Looks like a Hybiscus syriacus to me. If it's a cutting then it will come
true to the original plant but if it's a seedling it will probably turn out
a dirty bluey pink as my hedge has on the allotment.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.