Old 19-05-2014, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Aloe Vera cuttings

On Monday, May 19, 2014 12:45:13 PM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

Somebody gave me a whole shitload of BIG Aloe cuttings.

Should I put in water for a few days before planting?

Aloe HATES water!

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/c...249017614.html

Great site. Thanks. One more q: Where it discusses rooting pups..

) "Many aloes produce pups. When the pup is fully formed, detach it from the mother plant, let it callus over for a few days in a cool, dry area, and pot it up. If it has roots, pot as you would a regular aloe, allowing for the fact that it is smaller and should be in a suitably sized pot for it's size.

If it has no roots, let it callus over, place the cut/broken end ON the soil, and support it with top dressing. DO NOT WATER IT-it has no roots, so watering the soil will likely cause rot. Instead, mist it every few days. Roots should start forming within a month. When growth is evident, it can be watered." ...

Would this also apply to BIG cuttings? Sounds like, but want to be sure.

TIA

HB