Old 19-05-2014, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Strange bugs on Blackcurrants

In article
Glenys writes:

We have some wierd things living on one of our blackcurrant bushes!
I have enclosed the only pjhoto I could find of it on the web, but it
had no discription, so am still in the dark.

That picture seems to be from this thread:
http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/forum...ic.php?p=12661

Guesses there are scale and wooly aphid.

It looks abit like the shell of a wood louse, but under it is a thick
lump of what appears to be white gloop, but when it is disturbed, the
white bit pulls out like sticky silk/candyfloss fibre.

Any suggestions, eradications, and if there are any natural predators we
can introduce instead.

ThanX Glenys
Sheffield UK

|Filename: Untitled-1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16011|

Glenys

--
Drew Lawson | I told them we had learned to change