Old 19-05-2014, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Forest Rats Strike !

While sippin' my second cuppa this morning my wife started hollering for
me to come to the kitchen . She points out the window and it takes me a
second to realize there's a whitetail doe munching on my lettuce ! Time to
start taking steps I guess ... and then we start discussing the damage I
thought insects were doing to our new fruit trees ... yup , the forest rats
have been at them too . I mean , it's not like there's a shortage of
succulent new growth for the buggers to eat ! The woods here are just
bustin' out all kinds of green , why oh why do they have to eat the stuff I
grow for me ??

So this afternoon I'll be using 8 of my new 5' tall tomato cages to try to
keep the deer from eating my trees . Hope it works , because they're skinny
this time of year and not very good eatin' .
--
Snag