Old 19-05-2014, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Forest Rats Strike !

In article
"Terry Coombs" writes:

So this afternoon I'll be using 8 of my new 5' tall tomato cages to try to
keep the deer from eating my trees . Hope it works , because they're skinny
this time of year and not very good eatin' .

I've had good results against white tails with Natural Fence -- a
spray based on rotten eggs. It smells nasty going on, and you don't
want the wind to shift on you. Once it dries it is mostly odorless
and keeps the deer eating the neighbor's plants.

That's until we hit drought. They don't care what food smells like
when they are starving.

--
Drew Lawson | It's not enough to be alive