Old 20-05-2014, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default You don't often see.........

On 2014-05-19 21:30:12 +0000, David Hill said:

I was thinking this evening that you don't often see Phlomis grow these
days
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psd8f6169f.jpg

The same goes for Genista hispanica
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps435065d5.jpg

and before anyone asks, that's a Rhodo flower on the background.
David@ a thundery side of Swansea Bay

I'm very fond of Phlomis and we used to get a lot popping up here and
there in the garden. Now you mention it, I haven't noticed any in the
lasst year or so. Perhaps it got drowned out.

We visited a yellow book garden on Sunday which had a large clump of it. And
there was one gamely hanging on in our north facing front garden last year.
This thread has reminded me, I must go and check for it.

Steve