Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jim Webster

Default Low cholesterol beef, humane handling"touch", behavior modifacation

Gordon Couger wrote in message

Taste preferences are learned behavior. My son married a Chinese girl.

She
cooks some dishes that I find a little to hot but nothing that we

can't eat.
They vacationed in Thailand this year and my son ate something off her

plate
and then drank a half liter of water trying to put out the fire. She

was
eating it like we eat bread.

I like canned green bean better than fresh because I learned to eat

them
that way. There are very few things I won't eat unless it is too hot

or spic
y that I can't stand it but grass fat beef is definitely not my

favorite.
And I have eaten enough calves with broken legs and such to know. And

yes
they were big enough and fat enough. But the kind of steak I like

doesn't
sell in super markets. Even in the late 60's they did a study here in
Stillwater miss marking and miss pricing meat and customers picked the

lean
cuts no matter the price or the name. To me that stuff is hardly fit

to eat.

"feed lot" costs are higher over here than in the US, every time I
compare prices. This year might be the first exception and a lot of
friesian bull calves are heading east to the grain areas when they are
being raised on cheap feed wheat and anything else that comes to hand.
It will be manufacturing beef, they are budgeting on 70p per kilo
(liveweight) which is about $50 per 100lb liveweight.

Australia and Argentina are places that have lower fixed costs.

Looking at
he cattle prices and the grain prices they can't afford to feed grain

cattle.

Australian and Argentinian beef always sold well in UK.

One day you will have to come over here to just stand and watch grass
grow :-))
You saw Oz's figures for rainfall, well he is dry compared to me, we can
nearly double them.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

--
Gordon

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK