Old 20-05-2014, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Help! what composter composts cooked food etc

In article ,
says...

I've just fished out my last survey, and the first paragraph
I read, on p5, states:
"No cracking of the masonry was found indicating that the
wall-ties are providing adequate support to the walls. It
is commented that in older properties where cavity walls
have been constructed, wall ties are reaching an age where
corrosion may well affect their structural integrity."

There are /many/ other such examples in the report,
including noting that he is unaware of any problems
relating to a nearby club!

If the buyer is not local, experienced or observant, they may not have
noticed the club or the number of properties in the same development
with repaired wall cracks, repainted roughcast etc.

I'd consider those are all examples of a surveyor, very correctly,
flagging up to his client, matters that were not actually apparent in
that property during his examination but which he considers worth
drawing to their attention for consideration and /or verbal discussion
with him.

No surveyor will risk being sued for his report's adverse comment on
local reputations of a builder or neighbouring club, etc but IME, most
have extensive and valuable local knowledge they are happy to pass on
verbally in a post-report telephone discussion.

Janet.