Old 21-05-2014, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default ratcoon

Frank wrote:
Keeping in standards for naming the garden pests.
On my deck after sunset. I've got a lot of small plants and seedlings
out. Opened slider to yell at him and all he did was move to the
side. Went in to get firecrackers and he was off deck by then but I
still popped off a couple. Ratcoon is too big for my Hav-a-hart.

I stepped out last night to put my battery tender on the motorcycle
under cover in case of dew . Heard a small ruckus over by the seed feeder ,
shined Mr Flashlight over there , saw two huge yellow eyes staring back at
me from about 3 feet up the nearest tree . I tried to get closer to get a
good look , but he/she/it went up the tree to where I couldn't see it . I
figger it musta been a raccoon though , from the pictures I looked up on the
interwebs .
He might have to be dealt with ... I think he was probably eating some of
the cracked corn that's in the current bag of wild bird seed .
--
Snag