Old 21-05-2014, 07:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default ratcoon

On 5/21/2014 2:04 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Frank wrote:
Keeping in standards for naming the garden pests.
On my deck after sunset. I've got a lot of small plants and seedlings
out. Opened slider to yell at him and all he did was move to the
side. Went in to get firecrackers and he was off deck by then but I
still popped off a couple. Ratcoon is too big for my Hav-a-hart.

I stepped out last night to put my battery tender on the motorcycle
under cover in case of dew . Heard a small ruckus over by the seed feeder ,
shined Mr Flashlight over there , saw two huge yellow eyes staring back at
me from about 3 feet up the nearest tree . I tried to get closer to get a
good look , but he/she/it went up the tree to where I couldn't see it . I
figger it musta been a raccoon though , from the pictures I looked up on the
interwebs .
He might have to be dealt with ... I think he was probably eating some of
the cracked corn that's in the current bag of wild bird seed .

I've posted this one several times befo

http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/thief.pdf

That was a couple of years ago but I also caught one last spring.

I had one that eluded me one summer as trap would be tripped but no
critter. Then I saw it one night tripping the trap but too big for the
doors to close.

Deer hunting in a federal refuge, I heard footsteps, did not think it a
deer, shined my flashlight and saw those yellow eyes. As light became
clearer, I saw the raccoon and it climbed the tree next to me and
crawled in a hole in the trunk higher than my platform stand. I've got
pictures but they are kind of fuzzy, but here's them/there eyes:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vxg...8#.U3z0lCjw8ng