Old 22-05-2014, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Chelsea

On 2014-05-22 07:09:19 +0000, stuart noble said:
snip
Interesting that bees are fussy about nectar. Every year I wonder why
they put so much effort into the miniscule flowers of cotoneaster
horizontalis. It must be some kind of delicacy

Yes, they seem to love that but the thing on which we see most bees and
other insects here, are Eupatorium atropurpureum and the Sedums. And
last year I noticed an absolute mass of bees on Angelica flowers. The
'simpler' the flower, the easier for them to get at the nectar, so the
Cotoneasters are a bit of a mystery.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com